Thursday, August 14, 2008

Losing Everything

On Tuesday night approximately at 8:22 a young man (after some dancing around different co-workers) entered our break room and took my bag, a co-worker's bag, and another co-worker's wallet. He later exited out of the back of the store. Many of you may know that I live out of my bag... and I love my bag.
I lost:
1.) My wallet containing:
a.) debit/credit card
b.) some gift cards
c.) college id
d.) ss card
e.) insurance card
2.) my phone
3.) my keys (home and work)
4.) passport
5.) my favorite shorts
6.) my favorite sunglasses
7.) check book
8.) A fantastic photo

I feel like someone stole my life.

A really unfortunate comment that came out of this came from one of the Chicago cops who eventually showed up. Apparently the thief had called some people on my co-worker's phone and also picked up incoming calls. His wife tried calling his phone and reached this guy who later called her a "white girl."

most people would assume a race here and not need to ask...

The Chicago cop asked, "Was he black?"

All of us had seen the video footage of this guy and so we all said yes.

She said "Of course he was..."
I glared at her with the most evil eyes I could give...
She looked at me and said "Oh, I shouldn't have said that..."
Everyone was laughing except for me.

If anyone has any advice on how to get an ID without a passport or ss card... send me some tips.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM , Blogger paul said...

that sucks. sorry

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home