Saturday, January 08, 2005

it's been a long time, i shouldn't have left you, without a dope beat to step to.

My Brand Spanking New Idea
Step by Step

-> So... For a while now I have been harshly judging every move of the campus crusaders... i must say a little unGodly like. Despite my knowing of this sin, I couldn't help but be really mad every time I saw them in their Abercrombie, Old Navy, AE clothes walking out of Wal-Mart or McDonalds. I mean, how as a Christian could you so completely fuel the machines that are mistreating children, men, and women? Well I guess it would be time to ask myself this as well. After ranting and raving every time in my head about these very uncool christians, God would turn my face to the mirror and say "plank much?" So what do you do after you realize how horribly you are hurting others? You do something right? So my gut reaction was this... Learn a lot and then ask for the crusaders to invite me to give them a presentation. Well after talking to some weathered crusaders they told me that this idea might be rejected but that I might have a chance at getting some invites to the bible studies. Ok... I can do that, but I just didn't really feel it for the boys bible studies. one, would they even listen to me a girl? two, would i be so uncomfortable to the point of stumbling all over my words? I decided that I would need a boy in this with me. I searched my bank of boys in my head that would feel the same way I do about this and would have the time to get on board. Of course I thought of Chris, mainly because it was him who opened my eyes to the whole social justice idea, but he is far away. So today while i was still trying to figure out how to find a boy, I talked with Chris about it all, and he said "what about me." Yay! So as of now Christopher and I are yet again working together toward a common goal. So guys help me out! Tell me what you know, tell me how you feel, tell me what you think needs addressed.
Lyndsey-> tell me about how you felt weighed down.
Mae-> Do you know of just products?
Colleen-> Do you know the history of sweat shops or organic farmers or anything?
I really want to do this guys, and I would love for you all to hold me accountable to it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home