Tuesday, April 26, 2005

It Always Comes Back Around

No matter how much you want someone to like you and pay attention to you... it may not happen. That's ok though, because they pale in comparison to the big one.

I was sitting beside this girl the other day and she said "crazy feminists" in her little opinion rant and I really did almost stand up and say What!

At least Ralph Nader has a cause and isn't a big sell out (not related to anything at all).

Tonights topics of discussion (teaching) - Affirmative Action, "No Child Left Behind," and other education related topics.
Tomorrow-stereotypes... cultural and gender. (This is better than I could have ever imagined)

I was thinking about affirmative action the other day in the shower, and the only way I have ever heard anyone speak against it is to tell me how in some way they were effected by it... and I am sorry if you and I have ever had this conversation - but how selfish. I mean at least in the cases I have spoke with people about it... they had other jobs other school opportunities to pick from... it didn't actually end up hurting them. I know that's way judgemental of me... but what do you think?
I don't think affirmative action is in the best form for being a great solution - but I think it's also in too great of a need to just erase it all together.

Hope to hear your thoughts soon!

1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah thanks
~l

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home