Friday, April 01, 2005

That Chapter One Commercial...

I'm sorry, this may be the second or third time you have heard me talk about this commercial... but it just sticks with me.

First of all I don't even watch t.v. because we don't have basic cable hooked up at 159... but over Spring Break, yes I did do a little t.v. watchin' here and there.

So this commercial... do you know the one I am talking about? It's great! It has all these little random acts of kindness... like picking up litter, giving your bus seat to the pregnant woman, picking up an infant's toys as they throw them out of the stroller (w/o their mother knowing)...etc.

Yeah I want to be that commercial.
Today I tried to.

I saw this girl drop her pen and I yelled hey (very unlike me) and when she didn't turn around I picked it up and said you dropped your pen... and she still didn't turn around so I ran up to her and said here you dropped this... it was actually very embarrassing for me.

Well then after class it was raining and I had my umbrella with me... but many people did not. So I kept regretting not giving my umbrella to one of them... finally I picked the girl to give it to. She was walking across the street with only a t-shirt on and no umbrella... well she had pants and shoes too of course. Anyway I took down my umbrella and ran across the street only to see that I would really have to run after her and she would probably refuse and stopping her would really only make her be in the rain longer... so I gave up. I knew I would be embarrassed again... and sadly enough I decided that it was more important to save my comfort instead of increase her's. Failure.

1 Comments:

At 1:40 AM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

I hereby take away your privledges to be embarrassed. No more.

Don't be, girl. Naked people are born every day. Don't let be so hard on yourself and don't be hindered.

Let that free spirit reign. I have seen it it you and it's beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home