Saturday, March 12, 2005

Language Evolution

Sounds interesting, right? Yeah, I thought so too... but it's a trick. Historical Linguistics ranks up there with my worst college classes ever list. If I get a C in it... I have to take it again. #1 there's no time for that! #2 It is so boring that I leave the class to go the bathroom or wonder around in the halls (high school style) and I don't think I could go through it again. #3 There is no way that I will ever begin to understand the concepts that Dr. Bond continues to ramble on about. As a Linguistics professor, you think she would be articulate. You would be wrong.

Anyway, today is dedicated to writing my paper reviewing the book known as Language Evolution. It's stupid. It's written by a bunch of different kinds of experts that think they are too cool for Linguistics. I get mad at them just by reading their stupid excuses for not knowing anything about language. My assignment is to just read three chapters and compare/contrast them. Doesn't sound hard does it? It is. Can't you see that I escaped to the blog world?

My solution= I don't think I am going to accurately complete the assignment. I have decided that it would be much easier to read the summaries about what each author says and then write it down. Oh yeah and talk about how they all don't know what they were saying and talk about how this paper was a humongo waste of my Saturday when I could be working on other stupid final things.

The good news is... I leave for home next Wednesday... which is coincidently enough, a 1 year anniversary with the infamous "monsterbeard."

4 Comments:

At 10:29 PM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

I'm sorry about the hell in the language school.

in other news, congrats on your one year together. i think i remember this happening. you two were sure gross to watch that day. Think back on that moment for me and insert a soundtrack like...We've only just begun by the Carpenters...or Show Me the Way by Styx. Oh yeah. Take me tonight! to the river! and wash my illusions away!

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

Wait. How about Hold My Hand by Hootie. I think this could seriously work in a movie about your lives.

 
At 3:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If i had a monster beard, you would totally dump me. admit it.

I, however, would reach unpresendented fame and fortune. I would be named beardliest man of the year, and probably also "wooley willy."

the dream lives on in my weak and humble facial hair (show yourselves, my little ones, show the world what you were created to be!)

this post was a little too gross

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger Sweet T said...

Your comment or my post (Chris) ?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home