Monday, February 21, 2005

Apologies

While looking back at the past blogs, I feel dirty. I have come right out and indulged in my lack of humility, all my self-righteousness blazing. I read this devotional today about humility, one part says this:

"It begins by humbling myself to the reality of my depravity: I have sinned and fallen short. Then I must humble myself before my creator and repent of my arrogance: He is the potter, I am the lump of clay. And only then can I humble myself before others, for their sake and mine: If I try to save my life I'll lose it..."

So in attempt to confess and repent, I give you this blog. Please forgive me if you have ever felt hurt or uncomfortable when reading it. I know that I can't just go through the actions of humility and then be called humble, but at this point, it's all I have. Right?

Thanks to Lydia, who likes to be fearless in her confrontations with me, and the devotional... I have come to this conclusion.

Maybe the rest of you could hold me accountable when I step out of line too?

On another topic, I watched Kill Bill and Hotel Rwanda this weekend. They don't really compare, but they were both really good. Surprise surprise I liked Kill Bill. Hotel Rwanda should be an eye opener for even those who have seen pictures or read stories about this genocide. You can't always imagine this stuff, or even read for two hours straight. I hope to go see it again next weekend with Christopher. I don't want to forget how I felt during the movie. You should go see the movie. It may be what motivates you to take action against these atrocities.

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

Talya, I'm confused about this blog and what I need to be holding you accountable for. I'm not uncomfortable reading you entries. I also liked Kill Bill very much. Volumes I and II. Who knew?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home