Tuesday, January 18, 2005

wisdom from 10-12am

From 10-12AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I sit in my Women Studies/ Creative Writing class. In this class we do a great deal of reading and then discussing what we read.

Don't you get that message in the Bible that Listening more and speaking less produces wisdom? I mean I know you do, I just don't have a Bible to quote right now.

So my arrogance unveiled is that I think this little expression over and over again in that very 10-12 class.

You see, there are these people (or maybe just one girl), who make it easier on the professor, by saying every little thing that comes to their mind. While this does give real relief in silences, it makes me think things like:
"Why are you saying that."
"That is very clear from what the professor JUST said about the piece."
"I don't understand why you have to talk all the time."

Now the light inside of me would say, "Shut up you ignorant fool! At least this woman has the guts to speak up and not feel afraid of being stupid!"

Do I even have a place to talk about this girl? I mean all of the things I have said are true. She is more bold than me, but she may lack tact.

I just feel like if what you are saying is not valuable, why even say it.

No offense girl in my gender writing class, I still think you are much more bold that I could be, but maybe a little less chatter would be more productive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home