Monday, January 10, 2005

When Class Doesn't Happen

I am officially on a 4 day weekend right now! I don't have class on fridays this quater and the one class that I have on Mondays got canceled today! Yay! We just had another meeting for the book club last night. We have officially done two books now (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time and Middlesex), and we are now reading A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genious.
My class load this quater is shaping up to be a little overwhelming. I am starting my mini-thesis so as to hopefully graduate, I am taking a creative writing class that has like a 3-4 pager every other day and then two 20 pagers during the quarter, then I have two linguistic courses. One of the linguistics classes is a typical busy work kind of class and the other one is mostly as well except that we have to read a book and write a book reportish kind of thing which I don't want to do.
So 20 Monty girls... do you want to hang out all together some planned weekend? Emily is here, she's either going to be co-leading my new bible study or just be a member... I am not sure. Oh yeah, Mae, January 21st is Leah's birthday and I would like to give her a dinner party, wanna come? I don't know when it will be yet, but some time around that date.
New Bible study! yeah i know i just mentioned it but I feel like it deserves a little paragraph. Keeping with the tradition of never being in a bible study longer than a quarter (except maybe Mae's for two quarters), I am yet again switching to a smaller study, with a more logical mix of people and what I think a more competent leader (that may be wrong to say). Yay!

That is the abrupt end... (kind of like Middlesex)

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

i am so proud of your updates! all i wanna do in this world is go to mae's show on the 22nd. now i can't, and i'm a bitter, bitter girl. i have to hang out with the in-laws. at a hockey game. we bought them tickets for christmas. and by we i mean seth. on accident. and they play michigan. which they also do the night before as well. woe is me. i wanna hang out too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home