Friday, March 04, 2005

Human trafficking

Last night I went to see a viewing of a documentary about human trafficking. Apparently this is a huge trend in South East Asia (Leah says) and Western Europe. I am adding it to the list of research.

Jessica Meyer and I had a great idea! We are going to have a letter writing party. Without her knowledge I started planning it. I kind of hope she did too. Anyway, Spring quarter we are going to do it. A few computers, lots of paper, stamps, envelopes, addresses and issues! I have written it all out! All I need to do is talk to Jess, create posters and other informational mediums, find out people's names and status and address. Chris is going to help with that. So my house with the allowance of my house-mates and lots of snacks, it should be lots of fun!

So, if you have a social justice issue that hits close to your heart, let me know, and I will make sure we write someone about it. On the list right now...
1.) Genocide in Sudan
2.) Sweatshops
3.) Human trafficking
4.) Fair Trade stuff
5.) Meat industry stuff

I also hope that we will send out some encouraging letters too. It's nice to tell people they are doing a good job.

4 Comments:

At 3:22 PM , Blogger crankin said...

i think i want to come to your party. can it be on a weekend? the other issue? if it is at your house, will your roommates let me in?

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

I'm so proud of you.
For everything.

 
At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

with the issues at hand, with the causes and heart going into the letters- everyone is welcome at our house at least from me.
-Lydia

 
At 2:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello. can we add Debt Cancellation to the list? - Jessm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home