Thursday, March 17, 2005

Reminding you to please remember to:

Out of your radio a little John Reu...

I have left Athens. I can't really say that I have gone home, because I have yet to make it back to the hometown which actually isn't my home anymore.

If you haven't heard, I am staying in Athens next year. I think I already updated about that. I will be attending school only in the winter, not fall or Spring... then I will be an OU grad.

I was talking about back-packing through Europe the other day with BS girls and Chris... what do you think about that? Horribly cliche? A huge spending of money that could be going to help people who daily don't have their needs met? Can we talk about this? Is it ok for me to back-pack through Europe? This would be delaying going to the Peace Corps... who knows if I would even make it in though... I want to see the world... does God?

What do you do when you see one of the hundreds of anorexic girls on campus. I sold a doughnut to one of them yesterday and I just wanted to hug her, plead with her to not throw it up, and tell her what beauty actually is. Do you think it's wrong for me to assume that she is anorexic? Even people who can't put weight on because of genetics or a disease don't have sunken in faces, right?

How do you make people feel beautiful? You can't right? I mean knowing how God looks as you is the only way to feel beautiful isn't it? Am I lying? Do even the most (worldly) beautiful people know that they are? I think I am talking about beautiful in two different ways right now... which could be confusing you. I am sorry.

Chris and I were talking about Mae the other day, and the awful comments that have been on her blog. We were trying to figure out if it was some annonymous person stumbling on her site trying to be an ass or someone playing the most awful trick ever. I don't think Mae has collected that cruel of friends, just the kind that will leave dead cat heads on platters in the kitchen and lamprays in the toilet... Anyway, Mae, I think those comments were lame and evil. Even when you and I clash, you are one of the most beautiful people I know. You love Jesus and people, I don't really know anything more beautiful than that.

I sound like a Christina Aguilera song.

I saw 3 minutes of a movie called Fancy Pants today. Lucille Ball... you are funny.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 PM , Blogger crankin said...

i think that backpacking through europe is amazing. can i come? seriously, this has been a dream of mine for years, but i have never found another person who has seemed seriously intested. even if i cant go, i think that you should.

talya, i have to tell you, i think that you are an incredible individual. through all of the rough spots that our friendship has gone through, i am so thankful that we have remained friends. i will cherish you and the friend that you have been to me. the person you are and the blessing that you have been to my life is completely irriplaceable. i love you. thank you, for being such a constant support and encouragement to me.

 
At 8:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

though i live by a different creed, i believe that backpacking would be an amazing experience and fully support you to do it.

i miss you and love you- can't wait to see you in a few days, housemate and wonder of a friend.

love,
lydia

*sent from boca raton

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home