Monday, March 28, 2005

I was thinking about describing my long day...

but that is boring.

I was also thinking about talking about talking about spritual gifts, but would that just break out in argument? I would like to own that shirt on the fluvog site that says peacemaker, so does that mean I can no longer instigate? Is talking about something instigating? I was more specifically talk about speaking in tongues. It's one of those conversations I have had a million times, but oddly enough, nobody agrees about it.

I also need to order a new book for the book club tomorrow, and have no clue what we are going to read. Well shit.

I am also thinking about people's idea of reality. Can we all be that person that does more than the other person? Are we the ones that are constantly carrying the burdens, always getting the short end of the stick, always making sure that everyone's life (except for ours) is a little better? I don't think so. In all actuality, you aren't doing more than anyone else. Even if you are, that's dumb to talk about. We are givers. We are sacrificers. We are gifters. Not everyone can be right. Does this make sense? I am trying not to be specific. Or maybe I should just confess.


I don't clean the whole house all the time. In fact, everyone does some of the cleaning. We all do it at different times, we all contribute differently.

Maybe when I was dating other boys, I wasn't always paying. Maybe that's just me expecting more in return than I actually give. Maybe you pay for your friends a lot, but maybe they cater to your needs a lot. Maybe they don't give financially to you, but maybe they listen to your problems. Maybe it doesn't have to be even. Maybe I will carry you for 3 miles and then you carry me for ten.

Does anyone understand? Maybe friendship is being less selfish and more self sacrificing. Maybe if we gave of ourselves and then forgot about it we would be better people.

I am sorry. These are just thoughts.

Oh yeah... and welcome to Blogspot Cat... I am hoping the monsterbeard will follow soon.

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw someone speak in tongues only once. It was less scary than I imagined and about 1000 times more annoying than I imagined. It was while we were praying at a bible study I went to through the Vineyard in Akron. The Vineyard is characterized by being charismatic in their worship. I never doubted the sincerity of the believers there but generally found the style to be incredibly distracting. I actually had to find another church because I discovered that I was watching people worship God rather than doing so myself. That's kind of how I feel about the tongues--it is not something that others can easily join in. It's between you and the G-man, which is fine in your bedroom. In my opinion, not so useful in church.

 
At 1:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the welcome. you already know a little about how i feel re: speaking in tongues. and i think you're right in one sense about friends, but, maybe?

 
At 3:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if we all contribute equally but differently. Aren't there some people who realize that others will contribute more if they contribute less?

I'm just selfish though. Plato said something about how we should be nice to everyone because their burden is always more than you know. That's true. I kinda fudged that quote though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home