Sunday, May 13, 2007

Why is this all so hard to figure out?

I told on a co-worker tonight. I have no clue if this means that I am a horrible person without compassion or if I am a better person for not worrying about whether they will hate me if I stay true to my character/integrity and hold them up to these expectations that I hold everyone else? Will you tell me that I am better respecting them in this way? There was truly no harm done other than I am once again overthinking this moral standard thing. I don't know what it means to do the right thing, truly honor people, or be gentle while strong.

Do you ever feel like there are so many little things you need to do in your life that it becomes so overwhelming? Laundry can become a giant task when you can't find the time to relax... so do you relax or do your laundry? I mean laundry is not the only thing... it's cleaning the apartment and paying my bills and writing three letters and reading once in a while and returning the videos and buying shoes and groceries... and and and. Damn, and Lyndsey, you thought YOUR life was hard. Seriously, how will I ever be an adult if I can't figure out how to manage these things?

The good news is... I can't figure out any of this and so I am relieved of truly figuring it out. Props to the big man for being in control. Shit, I don't want to control any of this. I am just fine being the follower.

3 Comments:

At 8:32 AM , Blogger crankin said...

what did you tell the coworker? i don't really know what to say on the other things... you will figure it all out and get it all done... somehow, it always works that way.

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger Sweet T said...

i told ON her.

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

yeah, i say you're in the moral milk 'n honey if you've talked to the co-worker about the sitchy (new slang for: situation) previously.

other than that, i'd say relax. frankie says. little things suck. blow off an afternoon of work and do them all at once. there is nothing that feels better than this.

or wash your car on your lunch break. the good people of the world are already doing it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home