Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Maybe it's too much...

My favorite thing about blogging, is having or leaving comments. I try to talk about things that I think are interesting or things that I think that you will think are interesting... so respond to me... I want to have conversation.

As I plan class today, I am thinking that my students are ready for real communicative and real community language learning. There is this one student who talks a lot and has a lot of ideas, so to use him to his potential while increasing the amount that everyone else will get to participate, I think that I will put him up front and make him lead the discussion. I know that would make him a little nervous, but we have already established a safe learning environment in our class, so I think it will be ok. If I do this, I will be approaching a less teacher fronted classroom, which is scary, but nice.

We are talking about the cons of globalization. I told Jen that she could take the pros as I tend to think the cons out way the pros.

Lydia is going to come watch today. She is thinking about teaching english abroad and pursuing this certificate program... I am nervous. I am not the same person in front of the class as I am with her... I hope it will all be ok.

This Thursday at the new and improved time of bible study, we are going to talk about the holy spirit. I have been pondering my studying of this all week... how to approach it... which aspect to focus on. I mean, the Holy Spirit is HUGE. When I think of when I experience the holy spirit, it's a lot of time in worship (song style), and I haven't done that in a long time... there's also the comfort I feel in the HS during spiritual warfare... but if I just studied the things I already knew... I would learn more but nothing really really really new... do you have any suggestions?

Ok so permenantly the Letter Writing Party is on Sunday May 22nd from 11am-6pm. Jessica will arrive after church and hopefully get to be a partner or co-host (pending the completeness of a paper). This is your invitation and chance to express one last time what you want us to write letters about. If you need lodging (no matter who you are) we can accomodate. If you want to help financially (buying stamps, envelopes, paper, pens, pencils) we welcome that too. If you would like to collect or give information concerning the issues or people to contact... we would love that help too.

Update on the sweatshop teachings. This is kind of like a failure, but more like a good learning experience. I had two bible studies tell me they were interested, one of them, I think they taught their bs themselves and the other... I don't know. No matter what or how a lot of awareness was raised in my attempts. And heck Amy Popp is making a great great effort to be a responsible shopper (as well as helping me in my attempts).

Well guys, I love you, and miss you. A public apology goes out to Colleen who I may have treated harshly. I am sorry Colleen... I only meant love in my statements, I am sorry for my lack of gentleness... but I really do care about those things. I would request that every 20 monty girl make my letter writing party a priority. It would be gerat to have you there...
Chris- you have to be there... Cat- if you could spare the time I would love to have you in my home generating all kinds of good conversation with people (I know it's the day after your birthday).
To anyone who lives in Athens- you should come too. I will give you an invitation later.
Jess- I will see you at BS
If your name isn't metioned here... you are either in Greece or I don't know that you read my blog... or your my house mate.... yeah.

6 Comments:

At 2:07 PM , Blogger Monsterbeard said...

Chris is commanded by no one! (bellowing).

I'll buy stamps. And letters. I mean, envelopes. If we pool our money for a certain senator and put it with the letter of our choice, I bet we will be much more effective. (wink wink mr. delay)

 
At 6:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

cat and i have the same birthday? i knew all the cool people were born may 21.

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger shorttallnotatall said...

mae, you and i as a matter of fact do NOT have the same birthday. my real birthday is on may 24th, but i will be celebrating my birthday by having a zoo-party on the 21st. it's less of a party and more of a....trip....to...uh....the zoo. as you can see, all the cool people were indeed born on may 21st.

and talya, you are too nice to invite me to your letter-writing party. very very kind. i unfortunately cannot attend because i have class (yes, on sunday) all day (i know). but i will send along something for you with the beard, as well as a request. thank you, and goodnight.

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger Sweet T said...

Oh this is too good to be true... Mae if you come in and Lyndsey comes in and Colleen comes in... man we could celebrate your birthday right! Can you guys?

Lyndsey- umm Mondays are really busy for me... but I can make time for you... or Tuesday both are busy... both are not as important as you.

PS... Sunday class is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of... I'm sure you know this.

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

mae,

although we've discussed it repeatedly, i'm still pretty sure your birthday is the 23rd.

talya,

tell me your dreams so i can crush them. i am sailing away at 430am on may 21 from the cincinnatti airport. i am going to costa rica for a week with my parents. strange, huh? i am saddened and also filled with jealous rage for those who get to make it. let me know if there are any letters i can drop off while i'm away. it would save on stamps.

also, i was wanting to come to athens on a monday or tuesday, but i recently found out one of my dear co-workers needs me to put in another 6-7 day work week. The barista signals shines bright against the night sky. They need me here. sorry kid. it looks like i may have been distracting you from work anyways.

stay alive, i will find you.
that is all.

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger crankin said...

thanks for that swell sorry. i forgive you, and i love you, and i am sorry that we have had to hash this over blogger.

thanks for the phone call this morning too. it makes me smile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home