Thursday, January 12, 2006

A Little More Faith

Some of you have heard about the horribleness of the Library these days... it basically adds up to me doing a great deal of extra extra work to get or find the things I want and need. That's not what I want to talk about right now... What I want to talk about is how I have started to like, maybe love, the library. Did you know they re-did the 2nd floor? They have a cafe there now which isn't fabulous but it's certainly comfortable. Ok so that's the start of the awesomeness... I can sit in the library in between classes. It's not that I don't have love for the front room any more... it's that the library makes more sense sometimes. Not as many interruptions, computer use is limitless, I am always checking out books, and it's right beside both buildings that I go to for class. Did you know that you can check-out lap tops? Yes you sure can. I have three times in three days. So, I can then sit in one of those comfy booths (like right now) in the coffee shop. You may think that's the end, but it just isn't. Today I had to talk to this one girl three times to ask about computer misunderstanding... she was great. She was so helpful every freaking time... and faith has been restored.

I am in a class right now called Issues in Feminism... it's awesome. Well I mean it's an interesting topic and a good mix of discussion... I don't think I like the teacher all that much though...
That's probably the class that will stimulate the conversations I have here with you, the most this quarter.

Until those conversations happen... see you.

3 Comments:

At 10:35 AM , Blogger Monsterbeard said...

Weird that I'm kinda jealous. I shouldn't be, but it just sounds so nice. I like books and computers.

But you forgot, there is no airflow on the 2nd floor and it is crowded during most of the day. And I can't wait for when we're both jealous of the new student union, which will hopefully be better than the front room and library combined.

Maybe now you'll be more productive. ooooh, snap.

 
At 5:23 PM , Blogger crankin said...

the new 2nd floor is great, i agree, but somehow it is sad. so many deserted the front room when donkey opened. it seems a real shame that one of its biggest supporters (you) has now turned to the liberary. it hurts my heart to think about. poor front room. make sure you go back for a visit every once and a while, ko.

 
At 5:23 PM , Blogger crankin said...

wow, i really am a bad speller, eh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home