Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hope

When Amy Popp moved to Seattle she signed up for a marathon so as to get to know other people, stay active, and do something beneficial.
I still feel like I cheated myself by not running the marathon that I started to train for.
Ok. So. I was looking at the "team in training" website and the Chicago Marathon website thinking that maybe I could try the same path. While team in training is a nice thing and all it's really just not my cause. Do you understand what I mean when I say that? I mean cancer sucks and it's all around us but it's not the cause that I can put my whole heart behind. So I looked at this whole other list of charities that runners support for the marthon and I found something really neat. This organization called "Inspiration Corporation," and they are fighting to end homelessness. Cool. So I was reading about them thinking that if I was really to do this I would have to make sure I understand who I am supporting. So these people are way cool. They also had a job posting, and I applied (which I am totally hopeful about but don't know if i should be). You should really check them out www.inspirationcorp.org.
Pray for me. Pray that I would be motivated and start running. Also pray that maybe I get looked at for this job.
k thanks.

5 Comments:

At 10:02 AM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

when is the chicagol marathon?

want to run a half in may?

 
At 11:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's this half in May?

-Lyndsey H.

 
At 7:11 AM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

Porkopolis. Cin-Town.

Klinglerville!

(Cincinnati.)

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Sweet T said...

Chicago is in October I think. Do you think I can be ready for a half in May?

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

Was that sarcastic? Because, yes. Yes I think you could. We're getting a ho-tel for the event.

13 weeks is a lot of time. I just started last week.

Check out the smart coach on Runner's World.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home