Monday, March 22, 2010

I love you no matter what.

Ok. In my head, I attend church. Really, I have only attended one church regularly. It was maybe the most pleasant thing that I have ever experienced. In an attempt to cure loneliness, I started reading my old pastor's blog. Dude, it worked. I read a post that was up in November, and learned more about Love. I thought that was impossible.

I pride myself on being able to love people.

He talked about changing bloody bandages and cleaning up messes that you couldn't imagine. Shit, I just show up when I say that I am going to.

Tonight, as I sit alone, I learned about love that I can't practice.


Sometimes I wonder why I am in Chicago. Sometimes I wonder why I don't further invest in friendships. Sometimes I wonder why She stopped loving Jesus.

Liza told me that she was no longer in love with her savior. I wasn't afraid of that statement...
I am not afraid of you not loving Jesus.
I am terrified of me not loving Jesus.

I don't know what this means.

I can't wait to go back to Athens. I can't wait to go to church again. All of it means so much and nothing at the same time.

2 Comments:

At 9:41 PM , Blogger paul said...

You coming back?

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger Sweet T said...

Only for a Sunday in late May. Not enough to make it through another year without community. It's hard to find a church.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home