Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy Belated Mae

The days leading up to May 21st I kept thinking, I know Mae's birthday is coming I am sure she would love a call on her birthday. When the moment was there I failed to remember and now it may seem that I don't care about your birth. Your birth is actually pretty important to me... if you had not been born, who would have lived down stairs... or been my bible study leader... or been you? I am glad you were born Mae and I cannot wait to hear what is on your 26 list! By the way, do you mind if I copy that. I will credit you, but I think it is a great idea and would like a 24 list.

So... do you guys mind if I call and ask for your address and then send you a really obnoxious letter asking for money?

That also reminds me, Mae, did you reach your goal or are you short?

This morning (6:50am), some guy was in the parking lot (directly below the apartment complex), was beeping every 5 seconds (no exaggeration I was counting the seconds). The beeping lasted so long that I got up, got dressed, and was on my way down to tell him something (not sure what) when it finally stopped. I went to my window and there were two gentlemen speaking aggressively with each other and all I heard was "You have to pay to park here." I was annoyed. This man was beeping because someone with their flashers on (which means they will be back) was blocking his car and he couldn't get out. I want to have compassion for the man because he probably had to work and was going to be late for reasons that he could not control, but does this excuse him from waking an entire complex of peacefully sleeping people?

I didn't get the position that I interviewed for, which is almost good. I was given good reasons as why their choice was not me and also good feedback about how I will be given the chance to move up in the future.

I hate running.

4 Comments:

At 2:24 PM , Blogger crankin said...

you hate running? this is not good. i miss you.

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger Jen Eureka said...

dont give up. running is a glorious thing...one of these days youll be running in a shady park in the warm weather and think how fantastic running is!

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Sweet T said...

I have felt that way before... but sometimes I feel like running is like reading the bible... you forget how good it is unless you are doing it. Also there is that time when you are about to start and there is always something else you could be or want to be doing... I always feel conflicted. I can't give up though... which is why I registered. Thanks for the encouragement.

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Talya! It was a good one, for sure. And thanks for asking, I HAVE reached my goal for Africa. It's been really cool! Please DO send me a letter.

Love ya, girl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home