Monday, May 16, 2005

did you know... why didn't you tell me

I was informed last night by one Emily Blair that the wedding I will be attending the weekend after next will be quite a formal one. Heck I have a hard time dressing appropriate for the non-formal ones...how shall I be ready for this one. Anyway... here are the solutions, you can lend me a dress... which I don't think that any of you that read this would be anywhere close to the same size as me... I could find one in the thrift store... which doesn't seem possible... or on our way out of town Chris and I can stop at 10,000 villages (do they have the dress that I need). No matter what I will need to save all of the tips I can this week... and I should just not eat (not a funny joke because for some that's a serious problem).

Also, I got a job. I will be leaving the Front Room soon, which is sad and happy all at the same time. I have officially ended my duties as student manager and as of now I am just supervising Crystal until she grows into the good manager that I know she will be. Back to the point, I will be moving to the Coffee Cup. Yeah, that greasy spoon in Nelsonville that my other house-mate works at. She is kind of the bosses favorite, so she mentioned me, and she mentioned me not having a car and he said "sure we can work something out." Nice. So not only will I get to work as a server (which sorry to say is a dream of mine) but I will get to work every freaking shift with one of my favorite people... Miss Amy Popp. I am getting really excited because not only does her boss seem like one of the coolest people ever, but Amy brings home loads of cash in tips every day. Also, he can give me full time. This is great. So for summer and fall, I will be working there... come let me serve you.

Did you know that Meredith and Rob are leaving. I wasn't that concerned at first, but as I still get to know them, it's quite sad. They are a great role model (them being one person and all). Anyway, I thought you might want to know in case you liked them a lot and were surprised when they weren't here when you came to visit. Also, they are asking for short letters expressing ways in which they have served you in the past couple of years. They will not be receiving support any more so they wanted to put our little blurbs in their last newsletter. You should think about it and email them fast if you want to do it.

7 Comments:

At 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so who's getting married?

 
At 11:33 AM , Blogger Sweet T said...

no name... no answer.

 
At 12:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, sorry this is Lyndsey F. I was just curious.

 
At 12:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to put my name and then I forgot :)

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger Sweet T said...

Marnie and Joel's... I'm not really invited... Chris is... I am part of the plus one.

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger Monsterbeard said...

So you can only work when Amy works, but will Amy work when you don't? And, if Amy takes a few days off, do you also have to take days off? What about vacation? Let's go horseback riding.

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger Jen Eureka said...

hot dawg... the coffee cup. thats a good place. even if it isnt a real coffee shop and more a restaurant, it still has the word coffee in it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home