Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fear

So. I have something to confess. I applied for Teach For America and was rejected... not even an interview. Don't take this confession as an opportunity to talk to me about this, because honestly it's a very deep wound. I do feel, however, that I should admit the falling of my pride. I wanted that position really bad and I also thought I was kind of perfect for it. Alas, rejection is not defeat or failure. I am seeking other opportunities in the service area for next year... and I plan on applying for TFA again. I have already had many pep talks, so don't feel like you need to do that... I am, however, open for some encouragement.

3 Comments:

At 10:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe this is exactly what you just said you didn't want to hear but, dude, Teach for America is the Harvard of service programs. I don't know anyone who has actually gotten into TFA and I've known many amazing people who have applied.

 
At 12:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah--they have a serious number of applicants for the number of positions they make available. I am one of the amazing people who applied and didn't get in. It's such a great program that it sucks that it's so incredibly difficult to get accepted--especially because I'm sure they'd love to expand the program, and the need definitely exists. I'm sorry, Talya. I know how that feels.

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger shorttallnotatall said...

ditto and ditto.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home