Saturday, May 21, 2005

Confession

I am really afraid.

Really afraid that nobody will show up.

Will anything be accomplished if nobody does show up?

Remember when I read "Fast Food Nation" and you told me that I shouldn't go around telling people what they are doing wrong. I think that's true. I do believe that God has his own timing. Are you willing to believe that he is using me to encourage, motivate you and in result you feel conviction?

That's what I am expecting that God is doing here, honestly who knows if that is true, but even if you are not coming, I want you, as a friend, to promise me, that you will not forget about the issues at hand, and do something about them.

5 Comments:

At 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if this is an encouragement or discouragement (it is meant to be the former), but in the course of fighting the good fight people don't show up more often than they do show up. For good reasons and for bad reasons. And that is ok. If no one shows up, you will write as many letters as you can and send them. If lots of people show up, you will write as many letters as you can and send them. You are doing what God has told you to do and it is your obedience that matters to God. The impact of your project is small beans compared to that.

 
At 1:03 AM , Blogger shorttallnotatall said...

(said in the voice of ryan mcmullen) tuuhrue!

 
At 9:10 PM , Blogger Jen Eureka said...

Talya, i am sorry i didnt come, and someone said if at first you dont succeed, try, try again. i think this is true. dont give up. I do think that what you are doing by raising awareness is important and you have made me more aware of things.. so i appreciate and thank you for some education.

 
At 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How'd it go?

Lyndsey F.

 
At 6:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how'd it go? i like what you said in your blog. is marnie's wedding this weekend?
~greece

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home