Sunday, February 18, 2007

Hey! You have a real job right?

Do they lay out in your "worker manual" or book of rules and regulations, that you must wear lipstick, eyeshadow, mascara, and blush? Yeah I didn't think so. We all have dress codes but seriously I have never seen or heard makeup anything but encouraged. I learned a lot about my new job on Friday. Apparently I will be warned when the president is heading over to check in on me and will be told to check my makeup. Another funny thing... I don't even get to accessorize by myself. I don't know if I told you that I will be wearing a dress... or that some time this week I get to go to Macy's with a personal shopper and pick out work shoes... but this is the kicker... the building manager will be providing us with (fake) pearl necklaces. Oh yeah, and even during the summer hose or tights are a must... spoken by Matt (HR guy) himself "we are a company that wears hose." I laughed when Matt was encouraging the undergarments and wanted to ask if he came to work everyday with hose on under his suit.

Since I have never been good at makeup, I went to Aveda yesterday to buy some new stuff (and schedule an appointment to get my hair cut). I was waiting waiting waiting for someone to help me and finally Danny walked up. Notice the y this was no Danni... whatever he was the only one asking if I needed any help so I excitedly said yes! I needed someone to help me match foundation to my skin tone. He was actually really great even though he seemed very nervous. He made sure that the woman who rang me up knew that he helped me and asked me that next time I came in for a "service" that I would request him. He was so dang adorable of course I would.

So if on Monday someone does not say "hey you look great," I will surely cry. Looking good is too hard ladies... I am no good at it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home