Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The People's Choice

So I have this new job. In general it's boring and simple but pays well and offers benefits and untaxed rta passes. I am good at it.

I was offered a position with Inspiration Corporation tonight. I was planning on accepting and there is no information you need to know about this. So starting tonight, I have to jobs...

This sounds great right? A job to support me that really offers nothing to the world and a place where I can make real connections and be in real relationships with people.

Here is the hard thing...

I received a call today from the coffee shop around the corner that I have fallen in love with. It's great people, great product, great education, and you can buy without guilt. I have an interview on Thursday at 4:30...

This would be no dilema if I didn't already have a job where I felt loyal to people... I can't just walk away if I am in fact offered a position at this coffee shop... this is what I want to do when I am in Chicago though... I have to walk away.

People! Help me. Either justify (if i was to make the decision to leave my new job) me breaking up with my employer or tell me that I need to stick to the commitment I have made and sacrifice what I want.

3 Comments:

At 8:14 AM , Blogger crankin said...

i have some new thoughts on this issue... new since last night. so, you should remember to ask me about that, cause you know how i will forget.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

I would like to point out that a handfull of posts ago, you were all like "NeverGonnaFindAJob" and now you have three! Mama's so proud of you.

I'm a little confused about the logistics here...how much time does Inspiration Corporation require? And also what is that job? And finally, do you have to pick one of the three or top two?

I'd say that I enjoy my coffee shop from the other side of the counter, i.e. the "make my drink again" side versus the "making their drink again with a little bit of spit in it" side. But if you have another job that can stimulate your brainal cords, then maintaining both is ideal.

Also, do what you want. It will work itself out. You didn't commit yourself to work there for life, did you?

Are you still training? I have slacked as of late but can run for about an hour now. which, sadley, at times barely tops four miles. Nine more to go!

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home