Wednesday, April 18, 2007

How do you act in front of a celebrity?

Maybe something I questioned way too late.

Ok. So, in considering my beliefs, maybe I have taken the whole idolatry thing too seriously. That aside, I feel like holding up celebrities above people status is a little ridiculous. I have to say that there are a couple of famous people that could make my heart flutter... I don't like mentioning who. Anyway.... it's possible that I served Colin Meloy yesterday... and after I took the money and someone else said "hey I think the lead singer of The Decemberists is in the bathroom," I blushed and got really excited. After staring at him, I decided that there was no way that this was Colin. On my break I looked at some pictures and now I just don't know. Wouldn't I have recognized his voice? They are in town, that's for sure. They have a concert tonight and tomorrow... should I go?

In the end, Colin (the Intelligentsia one) maybe me feel ridiculous for not being able to keep my cool. What can I say, I am a fan of the Decemberists.

So... what if I was the Cafe Manager at Inspiration? Do you think I could or should do that? I would have to drop down to part time at Intelligentsia... but the coffee is what I really want to pursue... I think.

Advice... please.

3 Comments:

At 12:55 PM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

i am really:

a. confused about your job situations. intelligent inspirations? what? now there are two colins? help!

b. bad at hiding how excited i am when a local celebrity is within reach. ask frankie hadjek or megan pringle. what can i say? i get handsy.

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger Sweet T said...

Intelligentsia= coffee shop -> which is ultimately my dream

Inspiration= the homeless -> My heart is in it, but not even on my top five list of social issues that I am really passionate about... Only probably because it isn't an international community setting.

I have trouble with real sentences, have you noticed that?

 
At 6:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home