Friday, April 06, 2007

I want a do-over.

Waking up this morning was fine, but everything after has been a big disappointment. Working at Inspiration has been great, but I am sick of the attitudes that fly around that place. Because we are trying to achieve a restaurant style setting so that we can really reintroduce these folks back into society, they expect EVERYTHING that you would find at a restaurant. They want food that is not on the menu, quick service, perfect food, and the worst thing is that they think they can treat the servers any way the want. The complaints are constant. I am expected to address the issues and squash any problematic situations. There was so much more than attitude today... miscommunication and misunderstanding were rampant. Workers were late... everything that you can think. All that I wanted to do was leave. When I got out of there I waited for 30 minutes for the bus, which was fine because I didn't have anywhere to be. Once I was on the bus... it was really really cramped, which was still fine. Then, toward the end of the ride, a person that clearly had some physical handicap got on the bus and said to a young woman,
"Excuse me, I have a hard time standing up on the bus."
translation- may I have your seat?
The girl just looked at the person annoyed...
WTF- dumb girl just get up!
What is wrong with people?

It's 10:38- I am sure my whole day is not ruined. Anyone have some nice kind stories for today? I want my hope restored.

1 Comments:

At 2:06 PM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

hopefully the young dumb girl was also deaf

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home