Wednesday, March 07, 2007

They disconnected our cable today... shit.

So today is officially the day we will call "That Talya is unprofessional Day." I walked out in the middle of the day. Well, it was past middle. The short story is that I gave my 2 weeks notice and when the boss called and asked me to come to the office on my lunch I went. Bad idea. Essentially it was a fucked up and twisted exit interview with the president and the HR guy. The president of the company belittled and shamed me and asked questions that were clearly uncomfortable and outside of my strict boundaries. I was very firm at first and told her that I would not respond to her bullying and that I expected to be treated with the same courtesy and respect that I had given her. She was horrible. She kept digging and digging on me until I finally cracked. I cried and yelled. She used my vulnerability as a tactic and told me that I needed to compose myself and focus. Eventually I just shut her off, stared at her, and let her lecture me until she could no longer come up with things to say. When she paused I got up, gathered my things, and walked out the door. When I had asked what they wanted from me, they told me that this meeting was to found out if there was any way they could keep me at the company and at least extend my two weeks notice. Yeah, I guess they messed that one up. I had no intention of not going back to work and completing my two weeks until I was right outside of my building and was still crying. They had used all but 15 minutes of my lunch and now I was mad. I went and returned my uniform and when I saw my HR guy in the office:
he said: Hey, what are you doing?
I said: I am returning my uniform.
he said: oh so you're not giving us two weeks?
I said: Well, not anymore!
he: ...
I said: That was some meeting Matt (with my eyes I told him that he was a coward).

Hopefully this will not tarnish my repuation.

Lyndsey... I told you that you win whatever you want... but I think that Molnar would not be happy... maybe a variation would be better for you!

3 Comments:

At 7:14 AM , Blogger crankin said...

how about Monlar... that seems equally cool to me?

 
At 8:21 AM , Blogger Sweet T said...

You do know that you are now crankin right? I mean I know you do... it just seems like a name that everyone would love except for you.

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger crankin said...

lyndsey seemed to be so ammused by crankin that i did it to make her smile... thank you for what you said... it means a lot.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home