Sunday, April 01, 2007

Making Friends and Falling in Love.

Chicago, in comparison with the other cities I have moved to in the past, has quickly grown on me. For instance, when I moved to Athens I hated the place for about a year. I surely liked my new friends there and maybe what I was doing with my life, but it took a year for me to grow to adore that place where I would (or so I thought) forever call my true home. Akron was hard too. Making real genuine friends and being comfortable took almost the whole time that I was there. It was only after I left when I realized that I had truly established a life there. Now, in Chicago, my first couple of months were really rocky, but it is suddenly all leveling out. Working in two places where I feel i am really using my true skills is a definite plus. It is also nice to be working with people of the same age with similar values and goals.

I was walking down the street the other day when I realized how comfortable I was. I walked into a consignment shop and bough a pair of jeans for $13 and a pair of shoes for $3.75! I can have a soy latte any day for free. I eat breakfast at least 3 days out of the week for free too! Not that thriftiness has driven me to happiness... but it has sure helped. I know where to get groceries, go to the movies, go for a run, how to use public transportation, where to eat when I want to eat out, and I am learning so much about coffee and social work.

Eventually I will be financially stable and summer will be here... things are really looking up!

4 Comments:

At 7:34 PM , Blogger Class of 2000 officers said...

i like me a happy talya.

it's contagious.

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger crankin said...

akron wants you back, but i am glad that chicago has welcomed you so.

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i want to be part of this.

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Monsterbeard said...

Hi, I'm back. Are you happy now, dear?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home