Friday, August 10, 2007

My Action Film

I have spoken with some of you about the recent attacks in my neighborhood. I was updated yesterday that there have been 8 since a month that starts with M (March or May... I don't remember). So I have been super alert on my late walks home and have thought about purchasing some pepper spray. I think someone suggested that I just put Lysol in my purse. This being the case, I have found more comfort in my reluctant move. I am moving quite a hike away from both jobs, and have been feeling a little sad... plus I think I have liked my neighborhood.

If the attacks weren't enough, think the events of the last couple of days may be making me anxious to get the hell out.

On Wednesday night some people from work went out. We were all having fun, making conversation, and were all a little annoyed with the crappy bands on stage. All of a sudden the singer of one the bands said "NO FIGHTING!" Then we saw the fight. Neither person got a really good hit at the person, but it was a small bar and they were struggling so hard to get at each other, that it all felt a little unsafe. We all stepped back and waited for it to cool off. It was weird and a little ridiculous especially when the little blonde girl (who had nothing to do with anything) threw out the N word. I forgot the fight even happened until yesterday when something a little more dramatic happened...

I was at work and going on my break. I was just hanging out at the counter when all of us noticed some folks on our patio standing up and looking at something. Instinctively I walked outside to check it out and witness a guy being chased, trying to get in a cab to escape his pursuer, and a man pull out a gun and point it at the guy who is ducking into the cab. Honestly I was quite afraid, so I ran inside, aimlessly said "There's a guy with a gun," and my ASM said "Call 911." She went outside then and saw some more of the events unfold as I called 911. When I got off the phone I was standing there with a coworker when we heard a gunshot. The rest of what happened is really irrelevant...
The good news is that the gun that I saw being pointed at someone was being pointed by either an undercover or off duty cop. Also, the news is that nobody was hurt...

September 1st cannot come fast enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home